- 2008 belied the notion that the US is running out of natural gas.
- The US is long supply; prices will continue to fall.
- Regional pipeline constraints exacerbate the bear trend.
- REX East will have limited impact on Rockies prices – it is already full.
- SE Supply Area gas will keep CA prices stable.
- Exploration activity must fall by over 20% in the Rockies and the Gulf for production to fit within capacity.
- Additional capacity will be needed in the Rockies, Gulf and Appalachia, but before new capacity can be profitable, demand must grow significantly .
- Constraints will set the minimum and maximum price for gas.
- WE NEED DEMAND….TELL A FRIEND TO BURN GAS!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Perspective on the US natural gas supply & demand from Bentek
Follow this link to view a presentation (*.pdf) by Bentek, an analysis company that tracks natural gas supply/demand trends. The presentation reviews the current state of US natural gas supply and demand - ending with following conclusions:
Posted by Craig at 10:14 AM