On CNGchat.com, Eric Rosenberg recently announced:
Very happy to announce that the Free Fuel Card Program for the leftover MY12 Civic CNGs has been extended two months. The program has a new conclusion date of October 31st. Please note, I don't expect the program to be extended again as we have far fewer than 300 Civic CNGs at dealers and at their current sales rate we should be sold out within two months.
So if you've been considering a CNG powered Civic the deals on MY12s have never been better. If you wait much longer you'll be left out.
This Fuel Card discount is $2,000 - distributed as two $1,000 prepaid Visa cards after purchase of the Civic.
How to calculate your net price for Oklahoma
Purchase Price (MSRP in $27k range) minus $2,000 Fuel Card minus $1,000 Oklahoma Natural Gas rebate minus $3,500 Oklahoma income tax credit. Note that many dealers are discounting the purchase price significantly; reportedly as much as 10 to 20%. It's possible that you could end up owning a new 2012 Honda Civic that runs on $1.00 CNG for significantly less than $20,000, net of the rebates, Fuel Card, and the ONG rebate.
Which dealers have 2012 Civics?
- Honda of Bartlesville - does not participate in the Fuel Card program.
- Scott Robinson Honda (near Los Angeles)
- John Hinderer Honda (Heath, Ohio)
- Search eBay and Auto Trader for new 2012 Honda Civic with the GX or CNG or Natural Gas designation. Some dealers will put one of their 2012's on eBay to generate some sales leads.
Two versions of the 2012 Honda Civic Natural Gas
- Navigation - typically prices $1,000 over the non-Navi version.
- No Navigation - includes all features of the Navigation version except SiriusXM and the navigation.
You can direct questions to me on Facebook and Twitter at @burnUSgas.